Sunday, February 13, 2011

1st print this semester and a betta fish


My theme for work this semester in both painting and printmaking is friends & family, and I feel like this is my one of my favorite prints that I've done so far.  There's a ton of things I could have done better and there's most definitely room for improvement, but I love the colors and I'm mostly happy with the way it turned out.  I did three prints on fabric and embroidered one of them, which I haven't photographed yet.
I have an edition of 5 prints and some artist proofs, most of which I'll be selling on Etsy as soon as I set everything up. 
Here's a bunch of photos of my printing process and one of the betta fish I got for Matt as a Valentine's day gift.  He named it Mani, which is supposedly Thai for "gem."








No comments:

Post a Comment